In June 2013, I set my intentions on starting my business. In September 2013, I set my intentions on moving to my dream location of Puerto Rico. And on April 1st, 2014, I was able to take this picture to show that my dream was no longer just a dream!
I don’t know if you’re catching the key theme here, but my successes didn’t just appear in my life! My successes came from developing an intentional mindset and lifestyle that as I’ve found out…really does WORK! While I’ve learned so many things in preparing for the last 10 months and then living them…here are five steps to ensure you live the life you want instead of living the type of life you desire to change.
5 Steps to Intentional Living:
- Get clear!! Take the time to really think through the type of life you want. Look ahead a few years. In 2018, what does your IDEAL life look like? Your work - are you at the same job, your relationships – are they better or worse, your finances, your fun, your health, your spirituality? Take some dedicated time to think and write these things down.
- After you have these things in mind, pick one area. Choose one that you feel realistic about improving upon in the near future. If you try to work on them all now, you may not hit any and give up. Eventually, you may be able to work on a few at once but it will take time to get used to the practice.
- Write down where you want to be with that area in three months. We are starting small at first. I want you to get a win under your belt, so you see what you can do! Then create an action plan, complete with dates on the calendar and steps you will take along the way over the next three months.
- Get started! Take the first steps. Then start a journal. Write about what you are doing and keep track of ALL your accomplishments, even the little ones that seem trivial. Remain positive! Write in your journal all the reasons why this is important to you and you’re not going to fail, but will make it happen. Remind yourself often and celebrate the little wins along the way.
- Don’t do it alone. I wish I could take all the credit for the milestones and successes I’ve had over the last couple of years, but I can’t! I have coaches helping me every step of the way. Could you do it by yourself…of course! Or can you get there much quicker with greater clarity like I did with my coach…MOST DEFINITELY! And I would love to work with you!
- Free information and resources on the blog
- Group programs
- Or if your prefer to work 1:1, email me for a complimentary 30 minute coaching session